Next weekend, PAX East debuts in Boston, which is exciting for about fifty different reasons. One of them is the Boston Indie Showcase, displaying a half-dozen indie titles local to the Boston area on the show floor. The coolest part? The showcase exists specifically to support indie start-ups who usually can’t afford booth space – meaning all these games will be exhibited free of charge to their creators.
The six games are:
- Slam Bolt Scrappers (Fire Hose Games) – “A unique combination of engaging in building challenges while fighting off wacky, cartoon baddies in a beat ‘em up brawler”
- AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! (Dejobaan Games) – “Jump off buildings floating above Boston performing stunts and making split-second decisions as you weave around buildings to score points.”
- Dearth (MIT Gambit Game Lab) – “Save the Tribal Lands from monsters and drought playing as a great shaman in this exciting co-operative action-puzzler.”
- Waker (MIT Gambit Game Lab) – “Players are challenged to use both mind and reflexes to solve puzzles, creating platforms to form a path in this puzzle/platform game set in the world of a child’s broken dream.”
- Turba (Keith Morgado) – “A puzzle game where each song played will generate unique game boards on which players much create combos of 3 or more of the same color.”
- Miegakure (Marc ten Bosch) – “A platform game where you explore the fourth dimension to solve puzzles.”
Congrats to all the winners!